Position: Founder, Principal Consultant
Phone: +41 79 500 9719
Core consultancy area
Regulatory affairs, risk assessment, product stewardship, product registration, chemical advocacy, issues management, managing industry consortia in agricultural, pharmaceutical and chemical industries, linked with operational experience in product development and marketing.
- Founded Linmark Consulting GmbH in early 2007
- Within Ciba Specialty Chemicals (2003-2006), formed and managed new regulatory services unit (80 staff in 15 countries) developing 3rd party business and serving product businesses (c. 7 billion CHF t/o). Managed marketing & business development for the wider services business unit (events, internet presence, defining service offerings, brochures, internal and external communications).
- Moving to Switzerland as Global Head of Product Stewardship, Ciba Specialty Chemicals (2001-2003), devised and implemented new Product Stewardship concept, initiated 25 Product Stewardship projects in the global business units, based on product risk portfolio and ran global regulatory affairs network (90 staff in 22 countries).
- As Global Head of Regulatory Affairs, Allied Colloids Ltd, UK, (1990-2000) managed multi-national teams in areas of Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance.
- As Head of Product Development at Agricultural Genetics Company and Microbio Ltd (1986-1990), a start-up agricultural biotechnology company in Cambridge, UK, managed some 15 R&D projects at institutes and universities, bringing production in-house and launching biological control agents in USA and EU, including the Insect Parasitic Nematode product range, Nemasys.
- Effective experience in two start-up companies (1 biopharma, 1 agricultural biotechnology) and 2 multi-nationals (both specialty chemicals).
- At MicroGeneSys Inc (Connecticut USA, 1984-1986) brought 3 microbial pesticide products to market (USA, EU), worked on baculovirus expression vector technology for engineered vaccines, successfully gained several US Federal grants.
- Led successful project to bring in new EHS standards into multi-national chemical company.
- Led successful project to bring in EHS module during global IT system (SAP) implementation
- Implemented ISO 9000 in multi-national chemical company.
- Formed and chaired 3 industry associations (US, EU), developing and implementing strategy to advocate for certain HPV chemicals (2.3 billion CHF sales). Active member of many others.
- Devised and implemented external communications for many multi-national product issues.
- Speaks English, French and German
- MBA, Diploma in Management Studies, University of Bradford, UK, 2000. Thesis: European chemical legislation: Origins and redressing the balance
- PhD, Applied Biology, Imperial College, University of London, 1984
- MSc, Applied Entomology (Temperate and Tropical), Imperial College, University of London, 1980
- BSc, Agriculture with Honours in Agricultural Zoology, University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, 1977